Wednesday, September 2, 2009

When you look at me, I hope you see a friend

Friends are few and far between here in Korea. Acquaintances, I have made a few nearby. Here's my list:

Mr. Han--the door man
Mr. Oasis--the man who works at the Oasis Mart below my apartment (I don't know his name)
Jeon--the guy I met two days ago in my hall who stood me up for dinner last night

Seriously.

Okay, but here's the good news.

EMart--the Wal-mart of Korea--carries a bottled beverage called "Hooch." So I can drown my sorrows at home, if need be. And,
I found some bread that actually helps me with lawn work. Finally.

Please post your comments and questions!

3 comments:

  1. bread comment way funny.....i,too, could use a raking of my colon ............von's dad is on "Hold" at regions hospital for at least 72 hrs, since yesterday..........i wish i could help, but............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is 1,000 Won the equivalent of 1 U.S. dollar? That would make things easier if it was. I think that is what the Yen is like. Like the pic of Hooch!

    ReplyDelete