Monday, September 21, 2009

Room Request

As some of you may know, the window in my apartment look out four feet to the side of another building.  The sunlight that reaches it is equivalent to the light it receives from lamp posts at night.  I spent one summer living in my boyfriend's father's basement, an I vowed never to be so light deprived again.  I need houseplants, I need to see what time of day it is, I need to not sleep more than 11 hours a night because of it. 
So today at work, I'm going to try something.  I'm going to ask my director if I can move to the other side of my building.  Neighbor Jeon lives over there, and it's perfect. From talking to other English teachers, I've gotten two reactions to how this might work out.  Some people make their directors seem like curmudgeons who tell them what to do all the time and accept absolutely no thoughts, opinions, or input from them.  Others have said things like, "Your director will probably do what s/he can to make you happy."  So, from what I can tell of my director--this is not including any of the crabby teachers I have mentioned  in my blog previously--I'll just have to ask. The only words she has really said to me were that my kids liked me and that I should have a good weekend.  I'm also going (read: try) to iron out some things stated in my contract.  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers while I do this.  I will report back with the verdict.  

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your contractual stuff! :) I feel ya on the lack of sunlight, especially compared to your place in Whitewater. Hope you can get some nice and cool plants for your abode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me director re-roomed you to the sunny side....like myself, natural light is so important to me and my chi...always has been and will be..........what part(s) of contract is dubious to you or whatever ??
    love, jodie c.

    ReplyDelete