Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tomorrow


As many of you have heard, perhaps from Facebook or by phone, I will be leaving for Gunpo, South Korea tomorrow, Wednesday, August 19, 2009. I will be flying into the Incheon International Airport at 6:45pm on Thursday. Looking up pictures of the port, I found an article boasting its rating among international travelers as the world's best airport for customer service. (And look, Grandma and Grandpa Orpen: Kuala Lumpur was rated third!) I will post pictures of the inside and my new lovely home as soon as I get there and as soon as I get internet service. Perhaps there will be a PC Bang--internet cafe, pronounced "bong"--around the corner from my place.

On the plane, I plan to wear a t-shirt and jeans, but I've packed a blazer. Once I get done traveling by air, I'll be on my way to my school via "limousine shuttle bus." Don't worry, I'll let you know exactly what that means once I see it. A two hour ride. Whether I'll be wide-eyed for the scenery blurring by the windows or sound asleep, I will soon know. The blazer is to dress up my crumpled clothing and dark under-eye circles. "Boepgessuemnida!" Pleased to meet you! Away I go.

2 comments:

  1. well, was it a true "limo" or a little "tuc-tuc" ? can you drive there or gotta apply for driver's license there? where oh where is your trusty bicycle....which you must miss......

    ReplyDelete