Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Japan

Von came to visit me on Monday, and today, Wednesday, we flew into Tokyo, Japan for our visit our second Asian country.  Our hotel is in Minami-Asagaya on the Western side of Tokyo, on the Maronouchi Line of Tokyo Metro.

Although I don't claim to know Korean language yet, I've gotten used to the sound and rhythm of it being spoken all around me.  It's been a mental work-out to try to listen to a new, new patterns of speech to listen for the information that might be helpful to me in subway and in the stores.  I'll most likely put up pictures tomorrow of our trip so far.  First impressions of our neighborhood:  the streets are very clean and very quiet, there's no smoking outside, and manga is everywhere.

Tomorrow I'm going to Harajuku,  Roppongi, and lastly, Shibuya for a New Year's Eve party at club Womb in the evening. My mission is shopping, then partying. 
Nighty-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment