Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Freezing!

Definitely the coldest day of the season so far today!  The daytime temp was -3 degrees!  Okay, okay; that's Celcius, but still I feel like it's the dead of winter.  There have been Christmas decorations up for the last two weeks, but it just doesn't feel like the holly jolly season I'm used to experiencing.  I think it's because I don't have the people I love near me.  Part of me is sad, but it's mostly just different.  TV here isn't as saturated with Christmas-themed ad jingles and seasonal warm-hearted mini-series as in America, and it's the first time I haven't been fed up with "Jingle Bell Rock" by the middle of the merry month.  I get a break this year! While I'm sure I'll start missing the exhaustion from all the Xmas glitz come March when I realize it's absence, for now I'm relieved(1).

But, please, don't think I'm forgotten about my family and friends from back home.  I'm giving all my good cheer (presents) to Von when he comes to visit East Asia over the New Year.  He'll bring it back with him on the plane and mail it to you all using USPS.  So, even though you'll get some gifts a little late, I hope you enjoy.  When else are you going to get some authentically cool crap from Korea?  

If you're one of those people who can't live without Christmas, please continue to live it up and have a happy holiday season! 

1. I am really missing Christmas cookies, however. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment