Sunday, November 1, 2009

I miss you, Schwinn Sprint!

I really miss my bike. :(  I didn't, really, for a long time, and then like jet engine screaming in my ear, I suddenly do. We did so much together. We went to work, we went out in the country, to class, we went to Mpls, to concerts, to parties, to birthdays.  What a good friend. 

Every time I want to visit my friends, the cab fare is 2500w there and another 2500w to get back (roughly $5 total).  I could save that money and use it to buy a bike here and ride it over there when I want some exercise and a chat. The ride is scenic and most of the way has sidewalks that are wide enough for me to duck off the street if I feel like it's too busy. I'd want a pretty decent road bike, not too expensive, but something that's nice and light.  People have told me that riding bike in Korea is very dangerous, but I do see people doing it.  Not as often as in the Twin Cities, but a recognizable number.  And they're mostly old people, which leads me to believe that it's really not that dangerous (they're the wisest and most experienced, am I right, Grandma and Grandpa?). And to help out just a little, I'll even tell someone special about my plans:

Dear Santa,
I've been a really good girl this year, and I've found the courage to do some things that I previously thought scary and insurmountable.   I think I deserve a pat on the back.  How is the Mrs.?  Tell her she's a helluva woman.  Santa, please bring me a road bike with ram handlebars and pedal cages this Christmas.  I'll be sure to supply plenty of deokbeoggi (Korean children's favorite snack, made with pulverized-fish-bone cake, spicy orange sauce, and chewy rice logs) for when you come to leave it for me on Xmas Eve.  Thank you! 
                                                 Sincerely, Korean Vanny

No comments:

Post a Comment